My name is Tamer Nawar. I am Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Groningen.
Before joining the faculty of philosophy in Groningen I was a postdoctoral research fellow in philosophy at the University of Oxford and before that I completed my PhD at the University of Cambridge.
My research interests include: ancient and medieval philosophy; epistemology; and metaphysics.
- Philpapers Profile
• Academia Profile
• Twitter Profile (@Tamer_Nawar)
Select Recent Publications
• ‘Aristotelian Finitism’, Synthese (2015)
• ‘Augustine on the Varieties of Understanding and Why There is No Learning from Words’, Oxford Studies in Medieval Philosophy (2015)
• ‘The Stoic Account of Apprehension’, Philosophers’ Imprint (2014)
• 'Barnes, Proof, Knowledge, and Scepticism [Review]', Philosophy (2015)
• 'Groff & Greco, Powers and Capacities in Philosophy [Review]', The Philosophical Quarterly (2014)
For more papers, see 'Papers'
Some Recent & Upcoming Talks
• 'TBC', 14th March, University of Nottingham
• 'TBC', 8th March 2018, University of Durham
• 'TBC', 22nd February 2018, University of Oxford
• 'Some Aristotelian Modalities', 17th January 2018, University of Groningen
• 'Ad Infinitum', 22nd March 2017, University of Groningen
• 'Testimony and Doubt', 25th January 2017, University of Groningen
• 'Individuation and Identity in Stoic Metaphysics', 17th March 2016, Boston College
• 'Aristotle on Agency and Action', 25th January 2016, University of Groningen
Tamer Nawar © 2017